Friday, May 9, 2008

Taking a leap

I have always loved to take pictures, but I've not always been good at it. I most enjoy photographing nature, landscapes, and architecture. I've never been great at capturing people on film. And even my good photos tend to all start looking the same after awhile. Some time ago, I came across a blog that someone had started, and called their "365 blog." The idea was to take one picture a day (at least) for one full year. I thought it was a neat idea, and that if I did it, it would give me a venue in which to develop this talent that I think I have (or at least want to have). And with a new baby, I have plenty of fodder for snapping. I've decided not to set a 365 blog as my goal, because I'll probably end up getting bored with the idea after a month, or it will feel forced. Instead I'm starting a photography blog that will likely be updated in chunks, and possibly not frequently. I expect it will be more frequent at the beginning, and taper off some as time goes on. This really is a talent I'd like to develop much more than it is now.

So without further ado, I present...Snapshots by Janelle

4 comments:

Kat said...

Janelle your pictures were beautiful. I didn't know you were in to that. You really have a gift for seeing the beauty in things.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Your pictures are really awesome. I like the different angles and all the colors. I'm excited to follow this new talent of yours!

Mary said...

Nice pics! I love pictures, I just don't really have an eye for it. Hey did you still want those pics off my comp? I totally forgot. And I'm going to bring you dinner on THURSDAY! This week. So don't plan anything. Chow.

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

WOW!!! I am very impressed!!! You have got serious talent!!!