I was thinking yesterday afternoon about what funny creatures we humans can be sometimes. Or maybe it's just me. Case in point:
I've been sick for two weeks. It's a sinus infection. It's bacterial. This I know based on the color of the mucus, and on my own personal history. I just know it's bacterial, and if I could get an antibiotic, it would kick the infection in the butt in two days. I'm absolutely confident of this.
Tuesday afternoon I had an appointment with my obstetrician for my routine 6 week postpartum checkup. I told him I'd been sick with a sinus infection and didn't have a primary care provider to go to. He didn't look down my throat, up my nose, or in my ears. He listened to my lungs, but I think that may have just been a normal part of the visit anyway. At the end of our visit, he gave me a script for Zithromax and sent me on my way.
Zithromax works great for me. It has in the past at least. I was excited and relieved to finally have something to make this nasty infection go away. Later that day, though, I was second guessing whether it was truly bacterial, or whether it might be viral. Why? Because the doctor didn't check me out thoroughly. I knew that it was bacterial, but I was second guessing because the doctor just took my word for it.
Funny creatures, we humans.
1 comment:
Isn't that such an annoying feeling. Something that you know...but yet at the same moment because someone in your life tells you different. I'm glad you stuck with your gut, it tends to be more right than not.
Post a Comment