It occurs to me that it's been awhile since I've really posted any update on Julie (or the rest of us, really) other than pictures and family visits. Since she turned three months old this week, I figured there are a few things to talk about. So, here we go:
- Julie is regularly smiling and cooing every day. Her "talking" is still unpredictable, and we haven't figured out how to entice it out of her, but we can get her to smile with a little coaxing. When she gets really excited about something, she squeals. It's kinda funny.
- She made her first real bona fide laugh this week on Thursday. I was poking her cheeks alternately, really fast, and she just let out a laugh. It was really cute.
- Yesterday, I watched her almost roll over. When she's on her back, Julie likes to pull her legs up, so her knees are almost touching her belly. She'll stay that way so long as she's really awake (not close to falling asleep). Yesterday she was swinging her legs to one side, and she's getting enough momentum to really pull her body to the side a considerable amount.
- Julie is regularly sleeping at least 6 hours through the night, sometimes longer.
- I weighed her on Tuesday, stepping on the scale with her, then without her. According to that method, she is at 13.4 pounds. I'm not cure it's very accurate though, since the last time I tried doing it that way, she showed up at 11.8 lbs, and then a week later at the doctor's office she was only 10 lbs, 10 oz. But I do know she's growing.
- We decided today that we think she's teething. Okay, I thought that about 2 weeks or so ago, but Ben thought it was still too early and didn't think we'd see it for another month. But today he conceded.
- Julie has lost a lot of hair. I'm starting to find little strands of it on her clothes or her play mat after I pick her up, when she's been turning her head back and forth. I'm sad, because her hair is so soft, and she had so much of it when she was born. :(
- I, too, am losing my hair. This week I've been pulling my hair off of my back, my shoulders, the couch, Julie, and Ben. Ben actually should be happy about this, because now he's not the only one balding.
- For not yet being able to even roll over, much less scoot or crawl, she's awfully mobile. Some more examples:
(how I left her)

(how I found her...notice the pants have been wiggled down with all her movement) - Julie-isms:
- Jules will put herself to sleep in her crib at night, but only if she's tucked up against the bumper on the side of the crib. If you put her in the crib when she's asleep, and you lay her in the middle of it, when she wakes up she'll be very upset. She likes to be nestled up to the side.
- She loves to be outdoors. Whether it's on a walk in the stroller, or laying on a blanket on the grass, or walking down the street in Mama's arms to meet Daddy after work, or sitting in her car seat at one of Daddy's softball games, she loves being outdoors, so long as the sun isn't in her eyes. This is particularly exciting to Ben, the outdoor enthusiast, and also a good thing since we're going camping next month.
8 comments:
Post-Baby Hair Loss, you gotta love being a mom! Don't worry, it's pretty typical and even though I've gone through it twice I promise you I don't look bald yet.
She is so stinken cute! You sound like your having the time of your life being a mom. So tell me, knowing what you know now, would you tell me to start having kids? Ha HA!
Absolutely, but only when you're ready...having your own children is not for the faint of heart.
Three months already! I was watching her in church and she really is so cute. It does get better. Not to say it's bad or anything. I mean it's great to be a mom and you love your baby and all, but it does get more rewarding as they grow and develope and so on. She is already changing so much, the sleep is a big one so Im sure you have already noticed. Molly got her first tooth at three months. Just rub a little Whisky on her gums, that should do the trick. Just kidding :)
After I had Lily my hair fell out so bad. It clogged up all the drains in the bathroom. We were using a lot of liquid plumber for a while. I finally had to have Stacy cut bangs to cover up all the little new hairs I had growing in. I looked rediculous for a while.
:D Glad to know Ben & Julie have something else in common. :P You guys are all so durned cute....
She sure is growing! I'm glad you are enjoying her so much! The first little smiles, coos, and laughs are my favorite! So precious!
That pic of her with the crochet hat is too precious! What a little doll. It sounds like you are having so much fun with her and know her well! I love when mom pay such great attention to their children- it just doesn't happen enough as it should! Keep up the good work lady!
Post a Comment