Julie loves blueberries. She loves them so much, we decided to try moving on to strawberries. She had a hard time at first, because the cut-up berry pieces were too slippery for her to get a hold of. The first time we gave them to her, she only ate about two little pieces. I at the rest. The second time, Ben gave them to her while I was out, and he said she loved them. The third time, I gave them to her, and afterward, she looked like this:


Her face was splotchy (but not swollen). I noticed that she had a few tiny bumps popping up on her forehead. She was cheerful (as evidenced by her posing for these pictures) and breathing fine. At first I thought maybe she was just pink from the juice on her hands (she'd been rubbing her forehead), but then I remembered that I'd wiped her hands and forehead off, so that she wasn't sticky. Julie's face went back to normal after half an hour or so.
I was telling a friend about it later in the day, and she told me that her two year old son, when he was Julie's age, couldn't eat strawberries himself. They could feed them to him, but if he got the juice on his hands and then touched his face, he'd break out because his skin was sensitive to the juice. It made sense to me, so the next morning we fed her some strawberries on the spoon with her cereal. Same thing happened. No more strawberries for Julie. We'll try again in a few months.
(The pictures may not look that bad at a glance, but if you enlarge them, you'll see a little better.)
3 comments:
everytime I see pictures of her, she looks like someone different. in these ones she looks like grammy :)
Aw! Sad/happy day. She looks so happy, but those bumps and the redness couldn't have felt too good.
Oh No! Poor Julie!
Post a Comment