Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Love at first bite? Not really

Most parents (of very young children) I know fit into semi-rigid roles with each other. The mom is the strict one, while the dad is the one who does things (or helps the kids do things) he's not "supposed" to do. Not us. Ben is very strict about what we feed Julie. He even wants to give her an oversized blueberry muffin for her first birthday, instead of cake or a cupcake! (It should be noted that Julie's favorite food is blueberries, but still...)

Needless to say, small bites of cookies or ice cream are a definite no.

Well, Monday night Ben had to run over to the church for something, and I was eating a Fudgesicle. I decided to give Julie some to try. At first she recoiled completely. I think she was shocked at how cold it was. She made funny faces twice, and then got a little more used to it. She took several sucks at it, but didn't really make an effort to take a bite off of the pop. I think she just kept taking it because I kept offering it. At the end, though, I couldn't resist taking a couple of fun pictures of her:


6 comments:

JerieH said...

Oh, you rebel! She does look really cute though – I think it is worth the risk of getting caught :)

Kellie said...

Oh my gosh! that is awesome. I gave Emma some ice cream yesterday at a St. Patrick's party and she loved it. She did the whole recoil thing at first, too though. What did Ben say?:)

BTW-I just showed Nathat the Pi day and he laughed his head off.

Summer said...

MMMMM! She knows the good stuff!

Scott and Jillian said...

cute pics!

Rachel said...

What a cute smile! Who wouldn't smile after a fudgecicle?!

Jeannie Young said...

A little ice cream never hurts, even for a little toddler! She looks so cute with her chocolate mouth!