Friday, March 13, 2009

Taking after both parents

At first I thought I'd call this post "Taking after her mother", but then I realized that this is a Ben thing too, not just a me thing.





For many months already, Ben has been reading one of his favorite books to Julie: The Hobbit. He reads from it sometimes at bedtime, also sometimes during meals (when we're eating at a different time), and usually while she's playing in the bath. Just this week, I started reading one of favorite books to her during meal and bathtimes: The Count of Monte Cristo. We're already through two chapters. I'm just glad I don't have a scary Gollum voice to imitate.

2 comments:

JerieH said...

What a great bunch of pictures! I hope that she will learn to love to read.

Jeannie Young said...

Julie is getting so big! I'm sure she will be a reader if both her parents are. I have always loved books and so far all three of my boys seem to as well, I hope it lasts!