Monday, July 21, 2008

Bright spot

A final update on the day today, to end it on a positive note.

The crawdad is alive and well. I think his system was a little shocked going back into the water after having been out of it for so long. But he's moving around and eating fine.

Julie did a lot of smiling, cooing, and even some attempts at laughing today. She was a lot of fun, when she wasn't being a pill.

I have beautiful flowers in my front yard.



5 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

I feel so bad that you had such an awful day! Also, having a bad day or getting frustrated doesn't mean you're a bad mom or anything like that!!! You are a great mommy and what would Julie do without you?!?!?!

Malya said...

Are you a gardener? And is that a stargazer lily, the real fragrant kind? Unbelievable. Must be nice to have such a beautful yard. Here in NYC we've just got cement! :)

Janelle said...

I'm not really a gardener. I have a pretty flower garden because my in-laws planted it (see here for before and afters). That particular plant was here already when we moved in last year, and it was really pretty, so I left in when we tore everything up. It just opened up yesterday. I don't know what kind it is, except that it's tall.

Jeannie Young said...

So sorry you had such a bad day! With three very active boys I have had many of those "Why did I think I could do this motherhood thing?!!" days. Thankfully, there are plenty of wonderful days to balance out the not so good ones! I'm glad you found your crawdad, that would be awful to have something like that dead and smelling and not be able to find it!!

Erin said...

I'm thinking that wiley crawdad needs his own tune someday... ;) Sorry you had such a crummy day....but I'm glad it ended better!