Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, we survived the weekend. And it really wasn't as crazy as I expected it to be. We had a total of 13 people in our house at any given time: my mom, my dad, my brother, Ben's mom, Ben's dad, Ben's brother, Ben's sister, her husband, our friends Dave and Erin, Ben, Julie, and I. Not everyone was here the whole time, and not everyone stayed with us, both of which helped ease things for us a little bit. I got away with only doing two really big meals, and they turned out successfully. (Don't get me wrong, I love to entertain, but I'd never done anything for that many people before).

Julie's dress for her blessing was just so stinkin' cute. Ben's mom Darcy crotcheted it for her. She also did a bonnet and booties that were simply adorable. She was worried that the booties weren't going to come out close enough to the same size, based on how she's done them in the past, but I thought they were nearly perfect.





Julie did really well with so many people this weekend as well. I thought she was going to end up really overstimulated at the end of everything, but she surprisingly wasn't. She was a little angel for everyone (most of the time). It was my dad's first time to meet Julie (he was the last grandparent), and he had the magic touch with her. It was also the first time for Crys and Fred, and my brother Clayton. For a 15-year-old teenage kid who thinks he's super cool, I was impressed with how he was with her. For one thing, he seemed really excited to meet her and get to hold and play with her. He didn't seem afraid to hold her either.

Julie's blessing itself was short and sweet, but the real fun was just getting to see everyone this weekend. Here are some more pictures.

The blessing circle:

Proud parents:

Ben's family (Fred, Crys, Me, Eli, Ben, Julie, Darcy, Brian):

Proud Gramps and Grammy:


Daddy:

This is Ben's sister Crys and her husband Fred:

My family (Clayton, Chuck, Joyce, Julie, Ben, Me):

Proud uncle:

These are our friends Dave and Erin Crowley (more on them in another post):

And these are a couple of my favorite shots from the weekend.

6 comments:

Candice said...

1-did you guys plan to be all matchy-matchy?
2-Julie doesn't look as happy to see clayton as clayton is to see her :P
3-funny how dad always has a band-aid on, what did he do this time?
4-that last picture of ben and julie is so cute!
5-i think she is going to love grammy!
okay those are my comments :)

Janelle said...

1-Yes
2-I know
3-He took the skin off his knuckle helping the Athay's move
4-Isn't it? If you click on it, you can view it bigger.
5-She totally does
okay those are my responses :)

Candice said...

i have another comment looking at them again. In the blessing picture she looks like she has an evil plan that is underway :)

Yonker Family said...

Julie's dress is so cute, I love it!
You are going to have to shadow box that cute little dress and hang it somewhere next to a picture of her wearing it. I really wanted to write down the blessing for you guys as Ben was saying it but my kids were going crazy. Did anyone write it down or record it for you?

Jeannie Young said...

Great pictures! Glad the weekend went well!

betsey said...

Oh my word, I LOVE Julie's outfit! How sweet is that! And so unique! I love it!

I'm so glad the weekend went well, family can be stressful (And wonderful of course!)