Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Feature: SSB

I am trying to get myself to blog more. Perhaps that's not the best way to say it. I'm trying to get myself to write about more than "Julie blinked her eyes today...it was so cute!" I realize I'm exaggerating with that example, but I enjoy writing, and I enjoy blogging, and I haven't done much of either lately. I've decided to give scheduling a try. A specific thing on certain days of the week. And because alliteration is a blogger's best bud, Fridays will be Feature days. I haven't done a feature in a few weeks.

It's time I highlight a seriously funny blog. Seriously, So Blessed! is a satire blog about LDS mom bloggers, specifically of the Utah Valley variety. The author is entirely anonymous (even her friends don't know she's the genius behind it), but entirely brilliant. She makes excellent (and very enthusiastic) use of exclamation marks, smiley faces, and acronyms. She calls herself TAMN -- Tiffany/Amber/Megan/Nicole, and she is married to JJWT -- Jordan/Jason/Wes/Taylor, who is in law/dental/business/medical school. She enjoys stampin', Cafe Rio, GNO's, manis/pedis, modest bikinis, and growing the "hottest fetus ever." She treats her blog as her journal, because after all, it is for posterity's sake. Wow, I sound like an announcer for a dating game show.

The woman behind SSB was on KSL TV in Utah this week. You can watch the clip here (there is an ad that will run before it actually starts).



Be prepared to laugh at yourself when you read this blog. Whether you want to or not, you will find some of yourself there. Somewhere. As much as you may not want to.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Okay, I just looked this blog up and am DYING laughing!!! It's hilarious!!!

Kellie said...

Thanks for sending this to me! It was fun to watch and I love how we never actually get to see her face.