Monday, August 11, 2008

Out of my seat and cheering

Did anybody else stay up late enough last night to watch the men's 4x100 freestyle relay in Olympic swimming? If not, boy did you miss a great show. Michael Phelps got his second gold medal of the game, the world record was shattered by about 4 seconds, and the USA won by eight one-hundredths of a second! The final split swum by the USA was done in a record 46 seconds! I found video of it on YouTube, but since NBC owns the rights, I'm not sure how long this will be up before copyright issues knock it down.



Here is a link to the official broadcast from NBC, with the interviews and commentary at the end.

2 comments:

Peter, Pam, Tristan, and Kaiman said...

Hey Janelle!,
Peter adn I stayed up to watch it! We are just hooked. Beytheway if you watch gymnastics during the all-around and the event finals look for Jessica Lopez from Venezula, and AnnaMarie from Finland. They are two girls I have had the pleasure of working with at DU Gymnastics and are amazing:)

Ryan and Ashley said...

Simply AMAZING! I was jumping and screaming and was so excited. Man, I am addicted to these games!!!