Monday, August 25, 2008

Mundane Monday

This weekend was Ben's company picnic. More accurately, his department picnic, since he works for the Cleveland Clinic (far too many people for a "company" picnic). It was held at a campground/park in Kirtland. There was archery, canoeing, badminton, and a lot of walking in between. I didn't know (1) that it would be so spread out, or (2) that there would be such outdoor "event" type activities. The company picnics I remember going to as a child for my dad's work consisted of organized games, relays, and mini-competitions. I remember one year where they made the dads wear aprons in the form of a plastic garbage bag, then smeared shaving cream or whipped cream all over dad's face. They sat them all on one side of a long picnic table with their children across the table from them with a miniature water gun. Whomever cleaned their dad's face first won! I was expecting this type of activity. So I didn't wear sneakers. Ben "assumed" I knew to wear them, so he didn't mention all the available activities to me. So my feet hurt by the time we got down to the archery spot and back, but I lived. I played a little badminton, but I had to take off my shoes and socks in order to avoid stepping out of my shoes and falling on my face. Mostly I was just bored.

Today is laundry day. I've created a chore chart for myself to try to keep me on track with the arts that are homemaking and housekeeping. I've had a hard time keeping up with (and in some case, getting going on) much of the daily household stuff since Julie was born. Mostly -- ironically -- it's a problem of too much time on my hands and not knowing what to do with it. But today is laundry day. Tomorrow I'll worry about tomorrow's chores.

This is a busy week for me. Tonight I'm going visiting teaching. Tomorrow night is the kickoff meeting/BBQ for the year for Ben's Boy Scout troop. Wednesday night is book group, and Thursday night is the Relief Society service auction, which I'm looking forward to. I just need to get around to making my thing for it this week.

Julie slept 10 hours last night! She went to bed at 8:00, and didn't get up until about 6:15. Boy, was she hungry when she did! She's calling me now, I need to go. Have a great day!

No comments: