We went to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant (that's the best kind of Mexican restaurant) at Green and Cedar called Don Tequila. It was really good, you couldn't beat the price, and then we left in a hurry because Ben was feeling sick.
There's a bit of history there. The night before we got married (living in different states, so we weren't together), Ben went out to dinner with a female friend of his. I knew about it, and I was okay with it. He ordered fish tacos. Around 2:00am, he woke up sick, and never got back to sleep. He was sick all night long, and grumpy all day long. None of the pictures from our actual wedding day are very good, because he was in a really bad mood. I teased him that it served him right for going on a date the night before his wedding.
For our first anniversary, we took a trip for a few days up the coast of Maine. I don't remember where we went to dinner on our actual anniversary, but Ben was already not feeling great that day. After dinner, he was feeling worse. Sick again.
For our second anniversary, I don't think we went out for dinner. I can't quite remember. We got our big ultrasound that day to find out if Julie was a boy or girl.
Then this year. Ben has declared that we can't go out to dinner for our anniversary ever again. I told him it's his fault for ordering the wrong thing.
Anyway, we made a heart shaped pizza on Valentine's day itself. It's a half-and-half variety, because I like veggies on my pizza, but Ben likes pepperoni and olives.
And here we are at our restauran. This is pre-GI issues. Ben doesn't like posing for pictures, so here he is being dumb first so that he can get to a real smile.
1 comment:
Wow! I think I'd find something to do other than going out to dinner, too! Hope the rest of the day was fun!
Post a Comment