Once I had dipped all the ones I needed for the shower, I still had melted candy coating and chocolate left (that I couldn't reuse), so I decided to dip all the extra pretzels as well.
It actually was a much simpler (and shorter) process than I expected it to be. I melted the blue candy coating and the chocolate in separate bowls, then poured each one into its own tall drinking glass. I had a stock pot on the stove already with hot water simmering in it. I had placed a silicon trivet in the bottom of the pot, and I placed the glasses in the pot of water, to keep the coatings warm and liquidy. It worked really well. My only problem was that the first ones I dipped were coated more than half the way down, while the last ones barely had two inches covered. But I guess that's what happens when you use up your coating, right?
I dipped several, placed each one on wax paper on a cookie sheet, then sprinkled nonpareils or blue sugar or pecans on them, then placed the tray in the freezer for a few minutes while I got the next tray ready. I pulled them out and moved them to parchment paper on my counter. For the ones that have alternate color piped on them, I froze, then piped, then froze again.
To dip two bags of pretzels, I think it only took me about two hours. That includes bagging and tying them shut, but not the ribbons.
4 comments:
Who's having a baby shower? The pretzels look great!
Those look really cute. Good job!
They look great! I loved the idea and I'm glad to hear it was pretty simple, maybe someday I'll try to make some. I'm sure they were a hit at the shower.
These turned out so cute! Great job!
Post a Comment