Monday, August 18, 2008

Numbers

68: Pictures currently on my camera needing uploading.
17: Julie’s age in weeks (she’ll be 4 months on Friday).
10: Videos currently on my camera needing uploading.
7: The number of Michael Phelps’ finals I watched (I missed the seventh one because I was camping, but I saw 1-6 and 8).
5: The number of pounds it feels like Julie has gained in the last week (she seemed so heavy all day at church yesterday).
5: The number of days last week I wore my hair in braids (it’s just so easy to keep it that way).
4: Loads of laundry I need to do today.
3: The number of times I’ve almost cried while watching the Olympics this week (first when Phelps tied for most gold medals in a career, second when Nastia Liukin won the women’s gymnastics all-around after having been judged quite unfairly on her first two events, and third when Phelps won his race on Saturday night).
3: The number of times I stuck the tomahawk in the block while throwing it (first time throwing ever!).
2: The number of outfits Julie pooped through on our camping trip (in a matter of 4 hours).
2: The number of nights in the last two weeks that Julie has cried before putting herself to sleep.
2: The number of bug bites I got while camping this weekend.
1: The number of nights I spent sleeping on the hard uncomfortable ground and loving it.

2 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Janelle, I'm glad to know that you almost cried while watching the Olympics. I've had some moments lately where I've wanted to cry and then I catch myself, thinking, "why am I crying over this?" Funny post. Thanks.

Rachel Holloway said...

What a cute idea for a post... :)