Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Indiana trip: Part II: The family

(Foreword: I'm really frustrated about this post. I had most of the pictures loaded, with captions and everything, and was in the process of uploading video, when I had to walk away from the computer for something. When I came back, there was no longer an Internet signal. This was Saturday around noon. I left the window open (since it hadn't been able to auto-save), figuring it might be a couple of hours...it's been happening lately...and we didn't get our Internet back up and running until Tuesday morning. By the time I tried to save the progress I had made, I couldn't, because I'd left the window open for 3.5 days. So then I had to do it all again. Grrrrr...)

Once we arrived, Julie was excited to see her G-ma and Grandpa and Uncle Eli. I think they were a little more excited to see her, though. She was just really excited to be out of the car. I was impressed (okay, I guess I was more surprised) at Eli this time around. This was the third time he has met Julie, and the first two, he has just wanted absolutely nothing to do with her. He took a day to warm up to her on this trip, but after that, played with her a lot and got her to smile and giggle. He even held her once, though he was as stiff as a board.

Julie and her Grandpa. It's always a toss-up to figure out who likes who more between these two.
Both seem pretty content, though.
Julie and her G-ma, enjoying some sunshine
Uncle Eli, who seemed to be having fun, but didn't want to admit it.
Grandpa got a Harley for Mother's Day (yes), and he referred to Julie as his "Biker Barbie." She seemed unsure, although I'm thinking it had more to do with looking into the sun for the pictures.

Before heading up to Indianapolis for the day/night on Monday, Eli really wanted to blow bubbles with me. At first he wanted to fly a kite, which I was all for, but there wasn't enough of a breeze, so we did ginormous bubbles instead.

Then the breeze kicked up a little.

And here's a video, showing more of Eli not wanting to acknowledge that he's actually enjoying his uncle-hood and his super-cool niece.


No comments: