Friday, October 3, 2008

More of me?

A friend of mine recently became a blogger over at Today.com (not the Today Show). She gets paid for this. One dollar per post, and more money as more page views rack up. Her husband is in school, they have three children, and she stays home. She has a passion for writing, and does it well. She has plans for writing books even, and (I believe) is actually in the process of doing so.

Not to be a copycat, but I could use the extra income over here. We have school loans to pay off, mortgage payments, and a savings account to build up. I enjoy blogging (obviously). I enjoy writing. I'm just not sure I could be consistent and original enough to carry on two regular blogs, and I don't want to just post the same things there as I do here. (To clarify, I might share similar anecdotes, but I would be careful about anonymity.)

I'm just kind-of rambling here (obviously...that's another thing I occasionally enjoy). Any thoughts from my readers?

3 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

Do it, Janelle! And who cares if you copy-and-paste one blog's contents to the otther? (So long as you edit for anonymity ;) I say money is a good thing! do it :)

JerieH said...

I agree, go for it! I am always impresseed with your blogs... you are the only way I can stay up to date on the cool stuff that goes on!

Kellie said...

Go for it! A buck a blog isn't much, but hey, it's something! I'm having fun so far and I've only done 1 1/2 blogs so far.