Up until about six weeks ago, I individually checked over 50 blogs a day do updates. That only included people I actually knew, not even any cooking blogs or craft blogs or people-I-didn't-know-but-still-liked-to-read blogs. It got to be very inconvenient and tedious, as only a small handful of my blogging friends update their blogs every day.
Then one day, I discovered Google Reader, and life hasn't been the same since then. Basically, you "subscribe" to all the blogs you read, and anytime there is a new post on one of them, it will show up in your reader, without you having to check each page individually!
Pros:
- Saves time, saves clicking.
- Lets you sort your subscriptions and assign tags.
- Lets you flag entries that you want to keep track of or refer back to.
- You only have to check one website to check all your blogs.
- If you subscribe to any blog that is "private" (such as mine) where you have to login to read it, you are not able to subscribe to that blog because there is no feed. You still have to check it manually.
- You cannot see blog layouts (I don't know...this may be a "pro" for some people), including sidebar components, music, etc.
- You cannot comment on blog posts from the Reader window. You have to click through to the blog (really easy) if you want to leave a note.
You can find the Google Reader here.
1 comment:
I LOVE google reader. It is THE BEST! :)
Post a Comment