Ben and I finally went and got our Ohio driver's licenses yesterday (15 months after we moved here). Ohio makes you actually take a written exam to transfer your license from another state, rather than just switching it. I hadn't take a driver's license exam since I was 17 and got my very first license, and I had been putting off doing this because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of it. It was surprisingly hassle-free. We went on a Friday afternoon, there weren't too many people, and it went quickly. Also, we had Julie with us, and the staff all just cooed and ooo-ed and aah-ed over her, so people liked us. And now I don't have to deal with it again until 2011 (wait, only 3 years? what a rip-off!) But I do have to re-register the car next month. That I have a beef with. I registered it in Ohio in March. Don't most states make you renew your tags every one or two years? Ohio tags expire in the birth month of the owner of the vehicle. So even though I just did this in March, I have to do it again in November. Again, what a rip-off!
Wow...I'm a little whiny today, aren't I?
I'm just glad I'm done with it. Now I have valid Ohio ID with which I can vote in 10 days.
5 comments:
At least it's not like Indiana. To prove who you are to transfer your license you have to bring 1) Birth Certificate 2) Social Security Card 3)Passport 4) A piece of mail with your current address and your name on it. That was a hassle
I feel the same way I need to change my driverlicense from Utah but with my work schedule it is almost impossible!
Wait a minute, do you have to have an Ohio ID to vote? If that's the case i'm in trouble. I think I might fail the drivers test if I have to take it again.
I didn't know the tags expire in the birth month of the vehicle owner. That is stupid.
I think they did it to help you remember when you need to do it. I think that it is a horrible system. Who wants to wait in line on thier birthday?
You also have to do the run around to register your car. Why can't they have the DMV, E-check, and the Title company in the same area.(and I am not talking about the greater-Cleveland area!)
Post a Comment