- The way she "speaks" Spanish ("¡Me hablas espaƱol muy bueno!" does not translate to "I speak Spanish very well!")
- Her quilts
- Her cooking
- That she taught/teaches me how to cook (some things)
- Her uncanny ability to always get you exactly what you want for a gift, even though you didn't know you wanted it
- The way she just cracks herself up sometimes
- The way she selflessly serves others
- The parties she throws (she can throw a good party!)
- She taught me the value of a good friendship
- Her self-given nickname of "No-techno Mama"
- She taught me moderation in all things (including big birthday parties)
- She taught me natural consequences
- She encouraged me to go on a mission
- She taught me that more cinnamon is always better
- She taught me to enjoy married life for a little while before having children
- Her love of photography
- The many hobbies she's had over the course of my life
- She taught me couponing and frugality (even though I don't clip coupons at the moment)
- She taught me the importance of keeping a personal history
- She taught me modesty
- Her love of all things pink (check this out, Mom!)
- Her beautiful home
- Her general creativity
- She taught me the importance of prayer, especially with big decisions in my life
- She taught me that if I live in Oregon (where it always rains), the answer to "Mom, do I need my coat?" is always "Yes!"
- That she's able to laugh at herself when she needs to
- She taught me to magnify my callings (and sometimes she taught me how to)
- She taught me how to embarrass my children (and husband for that matter) almost effortlessly (click here and here to see examples)
- She taught me the benefit of using scissors in the kitchen.
- Her laugh when she's just cracking up
- She taught me to buy clothes that aren't just cute, but also versatile
- She definitely has her own style when it comes to interior decorating, which isn't my style, but she has a really good eye even for things that I love
- That she has a trashcan in her minivan. Not just a little trash bag, but an actual trashcan
- She taught me the value of hard work (I usually think of my dad when I think that, but my mom definitely contributed)
- Her determination
- She taught me goal-setting
- She taught me never to use soap when cleaning her cast iron (Ben thanks her for that)
- She taught me that my third child will be the hardest, because I only have two hands
- When she goes camping, she really "roughs it" (except for the air mattress)
- A well thought-out strategy can take a long time (especially if you're playing Rummikub)
- She taught me to put money away for savings, and keep a little for spending
- She taught me that in the Winter, it's better to cover up with lots of blankets and turn the heat down than just to leave the heat up
- She taught me to turn off a light when I leave a room
- She gave me a Californian's love of avocados
- She taught me how to both give and receive service, and why both are important
- She taught me that a mother's instincts are usually right
- She taught me never to return a dish empty
- There's no such thing as too many pillows
- There's no such thing as too many kitchen towels
- xcftrkli90kbhj ng d453thnmhjm d (I'm not sure what that means, but that's what Julie loves about Grammy)
Here are some Julie giggles for you, Mom. Happy birthday! I love you.

1 comment:
That is a great clip! Ginny had the same onesie... I love Target.
Post a Comment