Monday, November 10, 2008

First solids (well, technically)

We gave Julie her first taste of solids this past weekend. She did much better than I expected, stereotypically speaking. Never having done this before, I read the instructions on the rice cereal box, and it said for baby's first feeding, to use a ratio of 1 tbsp cereal to 4-5 tbsp breast milk. So that's what we did...it was very runny, so there really wasn't much texture to speak of. I'll start thickening it up more this week. Her initial reaction was a pretty funny face, but she did well with the whole thing overall. Here are some pictures, an a video at the end.

(Oh, and another Julie-ism I forgot to mention in the last post is that she loves playing peek-a-boo. She loves if i cover her face with a cloth diaper, or a sheet or blanket, and then say "Where's Julie?" She'll yank it off and reveal a huge smile. I love it!)





I thought this one was cute, with her eyes closed. She looks like she just tuckered out, but really, she's just blinking.


No comments: