Monday, November 10, 2008

Giggles and giggles and giggles, oh my!

Time for another Julie post. Our little bug is just growing like a weed.

She is rolling all over the place now, and loving it. I had been folding some clean laundry in the basement, and it was sorted into piles on the floor, and I ended up later having to refold it because Julie had rolled all over it, pulling t-shirts with her wherever she went an throwing socks across the room. (Side note: Now I know why my friends' houses are so much cleaner than mine...they've learned the value of getting things put away -- right away -- because of little people making trouble.) She is cutest when she's on her tummy, because she plants her hand down on the ground and pushes her head and shoulders up, and when she looks up at you, it's just the cutest thing. Here is a picture of her in the basement. She was wearing the jeans that are at her feet, but she wiggled them right off! (Sorry the picture is a little blurry.)
The next thing we need to work on with Julie is sitting up on her own. She doesn't do it yet -- she's pretty tipsy still, which is entertaining for us. The problem at this point is that she's so happy on the ground that I just set her down and let her go, instead of giving her opportunity (or working with her) to help her learn to sit up. She tries though...sometimes when she's in the car seat she'll pull her head and shoulders forward a little, or when we lay her on the changing table or in the bathtub she'll resist laying down all the way.

I've some great videos of Julie giggling (at the end of this post). She does it a lot these days. In fact, yesterday at church, she was giggling spontaneously at people in the hallway. It was great!

Some recent Julie-isms for you:
  • Julie has discovered her ability to grunt, and that is "the new black" this week.
  • When she gets really tired, instead of grabbing at our clothes or faces, she will stroke our faces gently. Whether this is deliberate or not, I don't know, but I choose to believe that that is how she shows us her love.
  • She loves to watch me dance. I'll have the radio on while I'm making dinner, and I'll start dancing to a song, and her face just lights up and she starts laughing.
  • Julie is developing a little bit of separation anxiety, but so far, it doesn't seem to be only with Ben and I, which is good. She just needs to have someone in the room with her, and she's not terribly picky about who it is.
  • Julie has been on the verge of pushing a tooth (or two) through on her bottom gums for about a week now. Drooling up a storm. She's been waking up more frequently during the night, too. I think that's partly due to the teething and being hungrier (we started her on solids this weekend...another post to follow).
  • She doesn't seem to mind wearing shoes. She's curious about them, and looks at them funny when she realizes that she has them on, but she doesn't seem to mind them. She tries to get socks off, though.
  • Julie is exploring textures. She likes to scratch things and listen to the sound they make. When I get down on the floor with her, I will often scratch it to get her attention, or to get her to look in my direction.
And finally, a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure:

No comments: