Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful November: Day 27

I've saved the big one for today. The obvious one. The first one most people think of when asked what they're thankful for.

Today I am thankful for family. I'm thankful for my three families. I am thankful for my immediate family, and I've already highlighted Ben and Julie separately this month. I am also thankful for my own family -- my parents and siblings. I am thankful, too, for Ben's family -- his parents, siblings, and their families.

Today I am spending Thanksgiving with Ben's family. His brother is shipping off to Afghanistan on Monday, and this is the last opportunity we'll all have to be together for 15 months or so. We haven't seen him and his family since last Christmas. Our good friends Dave and Erin also came down to spend the holiday with all of us. Now that the day is winding down, I will add that I am grateful for good friends and good fun.

I am thankful also for my own family, my parents and brother and sister. It's been almost a year and a half since I've seen my sister, and she's never met Julie. We'll be heading there for Christmas. It will be lots of fun.

I hope you all have (or have had) a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

No comments: