Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Feature: Blog Stuff

Since most of you reading my blog are bloggers yourselves, I thought it would be fun today to share some blog-related stuff in my feature.

Who likes a boring blog? A plain layout? Blah! Fun layouts are much better. Here are some sites with fun cool blog layouts.

Allie Brown's Layouts

Izzy Grace Blog Backgrounds

Kindra's Blogging Designs

Sam's Scraps

Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Smitten Blog Designs

I've saved two for the very end. One is my favorite, and another is new-found, and I really like it a lot.

Shel's Scraps has a really fun layout itself. I think you can generally trust a blog layout website if you like its own design. Her designs are simple, but not boring; basic, but not plain; familiar, but not common.

Leelou Blogs is the site I've used for my last several layouts. I like hers because they are different from the same basic template that you see so many others made from (think "Cutest Blog on the Block...they're basically all the same basic underlying design). Her patterns are different, textured, and fun! She recently launched a new design on her site, and is doing custom orders. As part of her launch, she did a week of giveaways (so if you visit her site, you'll probably have to scroll through a bunch of posts to get to actual blog layouts, or you can click on the 'free layouts' button on the header). Leelou is also LDS and has several blinky-type buttons that you can put on your sidebar that are related to the Church.

Happy blogging!

1 comment:

Ben, Deb and the P-Man said...

These were really cute. Your blog looks adorable. i love the argyle. My blog is boring but i have to keep things simple and clean otherwise i get stressed out! Boring i know... but maybe you could help me spiff it up.