Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Feature: Movies

Sorry I'm so late getting my Friday Feature up today. It's been a busy day, and I didn't have this one ready to go in advance.

Today's feature is about the movies. Who doesn't like movies? Whether it's going to the theater, watching it on the big screen, eating popcorn so dripping it's practically soggy, or curling up on the couch with a blanket and some hot chocolate, I don't know a single person who doesn't like movies.

But have you ever watched a movie and said, "I know that guy... What do I know him from? Was he the guy that played (insert character here) in (insert movie/TV show here) like three years ago?" Did you know there's an easy way to find out? It's called the Internet Movie Database, or IMDB. It's a very comprehensive collection of who played what and when. There is trivia about the stars, synopses about movies and TV shows, gaffes in the editing, funny quotes and cross-referencing on screen appearances. If you're a movie person, and you get hung up on the actors, IMDB will become your new best friend.

The second part of today's feature is more for the local Clevelanders. Do you love going to the movies but just can't afford it? It's not like it's just a $10 trip anymore (for ticket and snacks). It's a lot tighter on the pocketbook to do dinner and a movie now than it used to be. But there are some movies that you just have to see on the big screen. Good action movies, for example. Well, there's a solution for you. There is a Cinemark dollar theater in Willoughby Hills. They get movies a couple of months after they originally come out, but if you're willing to wait it's a great deal! For example, Ben and I are WAY overdue to see the new Indiana Jones movie, but it's in the dollar theater now. I'm really excited. The first time we went, I thought the concessions were going to be way overpriced to make up for ticket prices, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the concession prices are only as expensive as a "normal" theater or maybe even a little less.

So Ben and I finally need to go see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Anyone want to babysit next week? :)

2 comments:

JerieH said...

Shaker Square has Monday nighl movies where you can get popcorn and a ticket for $5. Go early to purchase you tickets and skip the logest line (there is still one for the popcorn)!

I am up for babysitting too!

betsey said...

I'm totally free to babysit ANYTIME! Seriously Janelle! I can come over to your house too if it is easier! Just let me know! (thanks for the tip By the way!)