Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween and doctor visits

We sort-of boycotted Halloween this year. Not really on purpose, but it just happened. We never went looking for a pumpkin, and certainly didn't carve a jack-o-lantern. Ben and I didn't dress up, and I didn't put one ounce of thought or effort into a costume for Julie. We didn't buy candy for trick-or-treaters, and we left the front of the house dark on Halloween night. I didn't even rent Hocus Pocus to watch this year, like I always do on Halloween. I don't know...I just really wasn't feel it this year. We did have a ward "trunk-or-treat" that we went to (even though it ended up getting moved inside because of rain). We didn't really participate much in that either, at least not in the festivities part. I'm on the activities committee at church, so I was busy helping out with food and setup. Again, no costume or candy.

We had a quasi-costume that we put on Julie (that required not one ounce of thought or effort). While I was yet pregnant with Julie, my grandma sent us a cute little set of baby-sized pink scrubs for her, with a little section on the top for her date of birth and stats. She could barely still fit into then by Halloween. I say "still" even though I'd never put them on her before. I was saving them, hoping they'd be just right by Halloween. They were a teensy bit too small, but they worked.


A few days later was Julie six month check-up with the doctor, so we took a picture of him with her in her scrubs. While we were waiting for the doctor to get back in the room, she had fun tearing up the paper she was laying on.


Speaking of the doctor and her six month check-up, it's been almost two weeks by now...I suppose I should let you know her measurements. She weighed in at 16 pounds, 4 1/2 ounces. she is 26 3/4 inches long, which makes us think she was measured incorrectly last time, since that would mean she'd only grown 3/4 inch. (See here for her growth progress.)

3 comments:

Candice said...

MY NIECE IS GOING TO BE A NURSE!!!!!!!!
=) LOVE IT!!!!

betsey said...

The scrubs are adorable! What a cute idea for a gift! I think it is a perfect (and very easy) Halloween costume. I like the picture of Julie with her doctor. Very sweet.

Jeannie Young said...

Very cute. She sure is growing! I love the scrubs.