Today I am thankful for the self-checkout line at the grocery store. I'm faster if I can scan everything through myself, plus I like to keep all the produce together, all the dairy/frozen stuff together, all the canned goods together, boxed items together, non-food items together, etc. For some reason, grocery store employees in Ohio won't leave stuff grouped in the order I put it in. And they're terrible baggers here. I went to Target here once, just before New Year's last year, and purchased the following items:
- 1 bottle of sparkling peach flavored soda
- 1 bottle of sparkling pear flavored soda
- a purse
- one other item (I don't remember what it was)
For these four items, I was given five bags. Yes, five. Each bottle was wrapped in a bag and then placed in its own bag. The other two items were bagged together. Before leaving the register, I took the wrapped bottles out of their outside bags and placed them in the other bag, so that I only had one thing to carry.
Yes, I am thankful for the self-checkout lane.
5 comments:
I just wanted you to know that I love you and I totally agree on being thankful for Self Checkout! LOVE IT!
I HATE self-checkout here. The ones in CT are great with the conveyor belt, but the ones here have weight sensors under the bags so after you scan something it yells at you "PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN THE BAG!" and if you don't throw it into the bag, the weight sensor won't pick it up so it thinks I'm shoplifting something and it keeps yelling at me and won't let me scan anything else until it thinks I've put it in the bags, RRR!!!!
:)
I can't believe they gave you so many bags! Crazy! Nathan was a checker for a few months in Logan (he was quickly promoted and then transferred to the Vision Center) and he always tried to make the load easier for the customer, using as few bags as possible (without straining the bag to breaking point) and putting similar items together, like you mentioned. I haven't really been impressed with checkers here, either. They just aren't friendly at all.
I am glad that I am not the only one who organizes my groshery items...
PS, if you think the checkers are bad here, try Miami
Post a Comment