Julie doesn't really need any toys. She might want some, but she is perfectly happy to play with a clean pair of folded socks or tear apart a magazine. Grammy, if you finish off any rolls of wrapping paper for Christmas this year, please save the tubes, as she will soon enjoy those.
She does want some music though. We have downloaded some lullaby music from iTunes, as well as some Silly Songs With Larry, which she enjoys. I suggested some music to Julie that I used to listen to as a child, and she said it sounds good to her. It was a little hard to find though, since the manufacturer has discontinued it. The Wee Sing series is great fun music, and can be found here. Julie especially wants "Wee Sing Silly Songs," and would be happy with any of the others. This website offers the music on CD packaged together with the book, which is great, because on Amazon I can mostly only find cassette tapes of the Wee Sing music.
The other thing the Julie really wants for Christmas is Baby Signing Time. This is a DVD series that teaches children (yes, even as young as Julie is) signs for basic early words they might learn. While children are yet unable to formulate proper sounds with their tongues and mouths, they are still able to communicate their needs and wants through signing. I've seen many other families use this program and am excited to try it with Julie. These DVDs are readily available on Amazon (click here for a direct search link).
As Julie is a growing girl, she will be needing new clothes, too. Most of what Ben and I get Julie for Christmas will probably be clothes, since we know we have to buy them anyway.
Julie just told me she wanted to say something herself before we post this. I don't know what it is yet, but grandmas and grampas, she says you'll know.
ggccv8xc xcvjk xcl xc xc j xcnk
,tn g tmd d d d d bjhxc xcccccccccc xcv,m xvc,r , . 7bnhjbn
Well, there you have it. And here she is:
4 comments:
She is such a cute girl! I love the Signing Time DVDs. They are some awesome, and Rachel is so talented.
Shameless :) I should have done the same thing!
We are big Signing Time fans at our house!
Cute! I like that Julie knows what she wants :) Hope you are feeling a little better!
Post a Comment